Though America has taken tremendous strides toward making the nation’s streets more accessible to everyone, there’s still a lot of work to be done. For instance, individuals with disabilities require tactile warning systems in order to warn them of potential hazards and offer them the freedom of unassisted mobility. For more information, call ADA Solutions, Inc. at (800) 372-0519.
- Are you losing your sight? Learn how to adjust to your new life at this page from Livestrong.com.
- The stigma of disability is a difficult concept to understand. Let this page from WebMD.com help you learn more about understanding and coping with disabilities.
- Thousands of distracted pedestrians are struck by vehicles every year. Read more about it at this page from NPR.org.
- Did you know that nearly 300 million people in the world are visually impaired? Learn more at this page from the World Health Organization.
- The ADA Accessibility Guidelines lay down many of the specifics of the Americans with Disabilities Act. Read the guidelines for yourself at Access-Board.gov.